• 1 cup (165g) pineapple, cubed
• 5 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
• Orange, 2 tbsp. juice
• 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
•1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
• 3 cups (400g) almonds, roughly chopped
• 1 cup (150g) cashew nuts, roughly chopped
• 3 cups (90g) unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1/2 cup (70g) sunflower seeds
• 1/2 tsp. salt
Makes: 7 cups
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 2 hrs
Pre-heat oven to 250F (120C) and prepare 2 racks lined with baking sheets.
In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the pineapple, dates, orange juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Next add in the coconut oil and blend again. Set aside until required.
Chop up the almonds and cashew nuts and transfer into a large bowl. Add the coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, salt and mix well.
Fold in the pineapple mix into the nuts and mix well until combined.
Divide the wet granola between the two earlier prepared baking sheets and spread into a thin layer. Place into the oven and bake for around 2 hours. Give the granola a mix every 20 mins and rotate the trays after 60 mins ofbaking.
In the last 30 mins keep a close eye on the granola to prevent burning. Finish baking as granola turns golden brown. Cool to room temperature and transfer into airtight containers.
The granola will keep for a couple of weeks.
- Nutrition information is given per serving size of 1⁄4 cup – 28 grams.