For the Marinade:
• 1 cup (120g) oat flour
• 1/4 cup (25g) vanilla protein powder
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• Zest of 1/2 a lemon
• 2 tbsp. stevia
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• pinch sea salt
• pinch cinnamon
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 3/4 cup egg whites (around 3 eggs)
• 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 cup (125g) non-fat Greek yoghurt
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup and (100g)strawberries, chopped into small pieces
• 1/4 cup (45g) 75% dark chocolate, chopped
For the Chicken & Rice:
• 1 lbs (450g) chicken breast
• 14oz. (400g) cauliflower rice
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup (250ml) canned light coconut milk
• 1 lime, zest and juice
• handful coriander, to garnish
• lime wedges, to serve
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
Mix all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until a smooth batter is formed, then lightly stir in strawberries and chocolate chips (leave a few aside to top the muffins).
Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and spray with oil. Make sure you spray the liners (paper or silicone), or the muffins will stick.
Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Drop 3-5 mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through and the edges browned. Remove from the oven, and let the muffins cool before serving
- Muffins will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the fridge.